Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (C.E.C) Program is for foreign workers who have successfully gained valid Work Experience in Canada for at least one year (12 months) and now want to become Permanent Residents of the Country. This is the most common pathway under the Express Entry System via which majority of Foreign Workers in Canada secure their Canadian Permanent Residency. The program uses ‘Points System’ called as ‘Comprehensive Ranking System’ which allots Points to prospective candidates based on the information.

In order to eligible under C.E.C, Candidates must meet the minimum requirements:

A. Work Experience: All CEC applicants must have a minimum of 12-months and 1,560 hours of full-time, skilled work experience, or an equivalent amount in part-time experience in the last 3 years before applying. The Work experience can be non- continuous and be in one or more of NOC O A B Occupations. All Work Experiences gained must be in an occupation at National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill Level 0, A, or B groups:
  • NOC O: Managerial Jobs
  • NOC A: Professional Jobs
  • NOC B: Technical Jobs and Skilled Trade Occupations
Work Experience gained via Self Employment or on a Student Status do not count towards valid Work Experience under CEC

Work Experience must reflect the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC which includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

B. Language Proficiency: Candidates must prove language proficiency with an Approved Language Test in English or French with a minimum of CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) Level 7 for NOC O/A or CLB 5 for NOC B Occupations, in all 4 abilities (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking).

C. Education: There is no Educational requirement for applying PR under the CEC Class. However, it may improve the overall CRS score in the Express Entry Pool. This can be done by:

  • If Education was gained within Canada, a copy of Certificate, Diploma or Degree must be issued from an eligible DLI in Canada
  • If Education was completed outside Canada, an ‘ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) report for Immigration Purposes’ must be provided showing the Educational level as per Canadian Education Standards

D. Inadmissibility: Candidates must not have Health, Criminality or any other Inadmissibility barring them from Canada.

E. Residence: Must plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

For more information or any other concerns regarding The CEC, Contact our Office and Experienced Team.

Contact Us

To find out if you are eligible for this, please fill out a free online assessment form today.

Get in touch for Canadian Experience Class ?

Please try to include as many details you can.